Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Training Has Begun

Hello... It's Savannah. And it's my turn to update you on what's going on.

The last couple days, we have enjoyed visiting Mom's college friend and her family! Thank you so much for your hospitality! Also, we were able to meet our sweet cousins for lunch (who are letting us leave our car at their house during the trip, took us to the hotel, and are picking us up from the airport upon our return). We are so thankful for everything you are doing for us!

Today, we arrived at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale (picture below). I cannot believe that after all this planning and preparation, we are finally here. We are actually going to Peru! Our team greeted us in Big World Ventures' conference room (there was cheering involved), where we recieved our t-shirts, name tags, room keys, and schedules.



After crashing and getting settled in the room, we headed down to the lobby to talk to some of the people traveling with us. While there, we met the lovely Susie Shellenberger, our guest speaker for the trip. Then, we headed off to dinner at Panera Bread, just a short walk from our hotel. Tonight, Mom has leader training at 7:30.

What a day it has been. The trip is finally here! It's almost surreal... It's also a little scary. There are so many new people to meet and get to know on my team. I don't know what to expect from training. I don't know how the Peruvian people are going to react to the drama and our ministry. I also read that we are going to be going door-to-door to invite people to watch our drama. But, I realized something today. There are going to be many times on this trip where I am uncomfortable and unsure and nervous. But, how would I ever learn to trust God if I always stayed in my comfort zone?  I wouldn't. When could God work through me if I spent my whole summer sitting in my nice, comfortable Florida town with friends I've known forever, only doing things that I am 100% okay with? The answer is never. So, no matter how uncomfortable I am, God has a plan. I have no doubt he is going to work amazing things through this trip and every person on it -- especially during the awkward and uncomfortable moments. 

1 comment: